Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Multiple Locations)
SC Solutions is looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer with strong seismic design and analysis background including Soil Structure Interaction (SSI) analyses to support infrastructure projects in transportation, nuclear, water, and dam industries.
You’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the field. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Applications for the Sunnyvale-CA, Sacramento-CA, and Atlanta-GA offices will be considered. Please identify the location(s) of interest in your application.
- Review and interpret geotechnical data and develop geotechnical input parameters for finite element models
- Interpret the ground conditions and develop 2-D and 3-D site models for use in FE models
- Perform geotechnical desk studies including literature review on available geotechnical data and summarize the results in geotechnical memos
- Perform axial and lateral analysis of deep foundations using pile analysis software including L-Pile and Group
- Compute earth pressure under static and seismic loading conditions
- Perform linear, equivalent linear, and nonlinear site response analysis using SHAKE and DEEPSOIL
- Perform seismic soil-structure interaction analysis for foundations, walls, and tunnels
- Perform slope stability calculations under static and seismic loading
- Perform liquefaction triggering analysis, and calculate liquefaction induced displacements
- Prepare and present technical findings in internal and external project meetings and peer review meetings
- Assist in the pursuit of projects, including developing the technical approach, scope of work, budget and schedule estimates, and proposals
- Mentor, train, and develop junior staff
- MSc or PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Earthquake Engineering
- California PE or GE licensure, or ability to obtain the certificate within a year – California GE Preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in areas related to geotechnical engineering, geotechnical earthquake engineering, tunneling, and/or geo-structure systems
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with site characterization methods and interpretation of field data
- Experience with Geotechnical Data Reports (GDR), Geotechnical Interpretive Reports (GIR), and Geotechnical Engineering Reports (GER)
- Completion of advanced courses in geotechnical engineering including geotechnical earthquake engineering, advanced soil mechanics, and advanced foundation engineering
- Experience with finite element and finite difference modeling
- Research skills, ability to perform literature review on complex technical subjects and to summarize the findings in technical memos
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, and Python
Estimated: $120K to $175K
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of controls, mechanical, and structural engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, semiconductor manufacturing, biomedical, and transportation industries. SC Solutions offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
The Structural Engineering division provides services related to analysis, design, risk assessment, certification, and owner advisory support to bring value to a diverse range of critical infrastructure projects. Our high-end analysis capabilities include nonlinear response history, soil-structure interaction, fluid-structure interaction, thermal, and impact/collision assessments.